Wednesday, February 25

Mollychicken's Fabric Pom Pom


I love to sew, but I am a very slow crafter and also a very impatient crafter, a contradiction I know, but if I start to make something I like to see immediate progress! I have lots of ideas and things I want to do, but my home is filled with half finished projects, patchworks unquilted, quilts half made, trousers unhemmed and pencil cases with no zips the list is endless, remember Isabella's quilt?

As soon as I get excited about a new project and get started, something else catches my eye - this is a prime example


I started it over four years ago and will probably never finish it, though the beauty with 'English Patchwork' is I can keep it in a basket and pull it out when my fingers start to get twitchy!

So when I found this idea back in June (I did say I was slow!) on one of my top five favorite blogs 'Mollychicken' it was the perfect thing for an impatient crafter and a shoe box full of fabric scraps!


My mum use to get me to make pom pom's out of her wool scraps, but I think it was just a genius ploy to keep me quiet because I can remember they use to take me forever, winding wool round and round and feeling that I was never getting anywhere, I'm sure the middle hole was deliberately made wider than necessary!


All in all it took me about an hour and that was whilst having a one year old trying to bundle me and reading a comic to a four year old.

It now has pride of place (more my pride than her's) in Florence's bedroom as I think Tabi will just pull it apart like she does most things, it's her age!


Thank you Mollychicken, I really enjoyed doing this 'quick' project, at least that's one more ticked off the finished list.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing creativity in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nina, your pom pom's lovely ,I like the colours that you chose. I need quick craft fixes too, as patience is not my strong point.
    Bertie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile too myself reading your post I’m doing pom poms at the moment with wool and fabric, as you are not alone I have to see immediate progress, and don’t even get me started on quilts, I have a few squares sewn together at that is about it.
    If only I could stick too one thing, your quilts are gorgeous and the pom pom!!!
    Love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete