Thursday, March 21

Crazy







Have you ever been crazy golfing?

Up until a few weeks ago (February half term to be precise) I have to confess to being a golfing virgin!  Even though I live next to the coast and have always been near to the 'seaside' I have never once (to my knowledge) tried golf, in a crazy or normal kind of way....ever.

It turns out I'm quite a natural.

Well I was just helping the girls out - it was a match between the kids really.  But when you're five and faced with the sails of a miniature windmill turning round whilst trying to hold a metal stick and negotiate a way to hit a little ball a distance that could be miles for all you could care into a tiny hole on the other side, a little bit of help is much welcomed.

And with another half term upon us - well the Easter holidays that is...gosh that was a short term.  Four weeks all in all I think, counting.  I'm just hoping the weather will turn the volume up a little and be just as blue skied, warm and nice as it was for those few days back in the middle of February.

You never know, we may even go golfing again...in a crazy kind of way.


16 comments:

  1. I've done "crazy" golf but not the normal golf! I really should give it a try one day... what an fun thing to do with your girls x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch this space, crazy things may happen! have to confess to going a few times our local park even ha crazy golf, sadly I am not very good. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!!!! I also hope for some blue skies and sunshine over Easter - we are going on a road trip with a camper van to Cornwall. Wishing for warmth all along the coast.
    Chey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nina!
    What a nice little adventure with your sweet daughters!
    I wish you a lovely week and a lot of sun!
    With love, Geli

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a game of crazy golf - it's the 'crazy' novelty element that keeps me going, but the real game just isn't for me, far too serious (much to my mum's disappointment)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bad at this, I've even been bowling and didn't score one point, now they put those barriers down for me!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE crazy golf!!! I'm the world's crappiest player at ALL forms of golf (I pity any group that ever starts a game of crazy golf behind us), but it's so much fun!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you breaking up already? We still have a week to go until we can go crazy golfing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We occasionally played crazy golf with the children, I not sure we are popular with others playing at the same time as the ball heads in the wrong direction! We once lost a few balls over a cliff when played this on a course in North Wales! Your attempts sound more successful!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only played this as a child many years ago, and I was never any good. But great fun.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great fun - haven't been crazy golfing for ages and ages but love it when I do!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a great time! Ever since university (which feels a million years ago) my friends from that time have enjoyed a game! Many of us have no sprogged and come to think of it I dont think we have tried it with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love crazy golf! It's so English seaside. The last time we did it was on Paignton pier in the pouring rain. It was a bit grim (the place and the weather) to be honest, but crazy golf and chips brightened up the day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, that brought back a memory of trying to talk my dad into going into business with me when i was about 13....i wanted to design crazy golf courses and get him to make them! lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was little and we came to Broadstairs for our holidays, we always did the crazy golf! This is probably where we did it! but yes kind of crazy in february! Must be freezing, have a good easter, Heather x

    ReplyDelete